S515 Sheet Steel
ProFormance Metals – The Worlds largest stockholder for S515 Sheet Steel
BS2 S515 / 2S514 to 2S500 condition steel sheet is a carbon based steel that is used when extra strength and high resistance is required compared to a standard mild steel.
The material is supplied in S515 condition (now referred to as BS2S514 Softened Condition) and will need to be heat treated to achieve actual S514 mechanical properties.
- Spaceframe chassis
- Aerospace fabrication
- Blanking panels
- Strengthening plates
- Fabrications where an increase in strength is required.
Due to it’s high properties, there is the option to weight save a structure by using thinner sheet material compared to a normal mild steel and still maintain or even increase structural strength.
S515 / S514 is the mating sheet material to BS4 T45 to BS5 T100 in accordance with BS6S100 conditions and will work and weld together with no pre or post heat treatment or stress relieving required
Stock Size List:
- 2mtr x 350mm x 20swg (0.9mm)
- 2mtr x 350mm x 18swg (1.22mm)
- 2mtr x 350mm x 16swg (1.626mm)
- 2mtr x 350mm x 14swg (2.03mm)
- 2mtr x 350mm x 12swg (2.64mm)
- 2mtr x 350mm x 10swg (3.251mm)
- 2mtr x 400mm x 8swg (4.064mm)
- 2mtr x 350mm x 6swg (4.877mm)
Get in touch HERE to find out how we can help.