Roll cage tube
Pole Position for Roll Cage Tube
One of our largest industry sectors that we supply to is the Roll cage and safety cell manufacturing industry, many of which use various different metal grades and sizes of roll cage tube.
Our stock range of High strength MSA and FIA approved roll cage tube caters for the engineering and fabrication of custom, bespoke roll cages and spaceframes.
We, therefore, have to keep a vast amount of stock sizes and different metal grades to cater for different regulations and applications worldwide.
The different material grades include:
- BS4 T45 to BS5T100 / BS6S100 conditions
- 15CDV6 – 1.7734
- ROPT510 (MSA and FIA approved CDS designed by ProFormance).
- ProForm Kart (Go Kart Chassis tube)
The advantages of a bespoke roll cage :
- The Roll Cage is manufactured to fit your car, with no modifications from an off the shelf product.
- Metal grade used can be controlled via our certification and quality approvals on the distribution of steels.
- Certification will be in your name and therefore can be traced alongside other vehicle records
- Continuity of materials is controlled in terms of tensile strengths and elongation (formability) as we have manufacturing facilities producing tubes against our specification (ROPT510) – This is of particular importance to roll cage installers and tube manipulators to ensure the same level of quality of roll cage is produced each time.
- Purchasing directly from us as a stockholder will ensure you are paying the best price and quickest delivery time for the tubing used.
- Tubes supplied will be guaranteed to exceed MSA and FIA regulations.
With no minimum order charge and our minimum quantity of supply being 1 length of tube, we can cater for small roll cage adjustments, project builds and full works team preparation.
We can also use our network of cage fitters and fabricators to help you with either a local installation or the best in the business for your needs.
A roll cage is a specially engineered and constructed frame built in or around the passenger compartment of a vehicle to protect its occupants from being injured in an accident, particularly in the event of a roll-over.
There are many different roll cage designs depending on the application, hence different racing organisations have different specifications and regulations.
Another benefit of a roll cage is that it will also help to stiffen the chassis, which is desirable in racing applications.
The ProFormance metals stock range caters for MSA National, SFI and FIA International cage manufacture.
A roll bar is a single bar behind the driver that provides moderate roll over protection. Due to the lack of a protective top, some modern convertibles utilise a strong windscreen frame acting as a roll bar. Also, a roll hoop may be placed behind both headrests (usually one on older cars), which is essentially a roll bar spanning the width of a passenger’s shoulders.
Roll Over Protection Structure
ROPS refers to operator compartment structures (usually cabs or frames) intended to protect equipment operators and motorists from injuries caused by vehicle overturns or rollovers.