Roll Cage tube Supplier
ProFormance Metals are considered worldwide to be a number one supplier of Roll cage tube and other specialist metals and plastics used in the Motorsport, Automotive, Defence and Niche vehicle sectors.
We manufacture, stock and supply various grades of roll cage tube and even have created our own grade of material that is FIA and MSA approved called ROPT510 (Roll Over Protection Tube: 510 Nmm2 min tensile, 370 N/mm2 min Yield)
With no minimum order charge and our minimum quantity of supply being 1 length of tube, we can cater for small roll cage adjustments, project builds to full works team preparation.
We pride ourselves on providing high quality materials only produced from approved manufacturing sources, all of which are fully traceable and supplied with certificates upon request.
The advantages of a bespoke roll cage :
- The Roll Cage is manufactured to fit your car, with no modifications from an off the shelf product.
- The grade of roll cage tube used is controlled via our certification and quality approvals on the distribution of steels.
- Certification will be in your name and therefore can be traced alongside other vehicle records
- Continuity of materials are controlled in terms of tensile strengths and elongation (formability). We have manufacturing facilities producing tubes against our specification (ROPT510) – This is of particular importance to roll cage installers and tube manipulators to ensure the same level of quality of roll cage is produced each time.
- Purchasing direct from us as a stockholder will ensure you are paying the best price for the tubing used.
- Tubes supplied will be guaranteed to exceed MSA and FIA regulations
Our network of cage fitters and fabricators can help you with either a local installation or the best in the business for your needs.
We are also able to supply finished parts varying from single hoops to full homologated cage structures.
A roll cage is a specially engineered and constructed frame built in or around the passenger compartment of a vehicle to protect its occupants from being injured in an accident, particularly in the event of a roll-over.
There are many different roll cage designs depending on the application, hence different racing organisations have differing specifications and regulations.
Another benefit of a roll cage is that it will also help to stiffen the chassis, which is desirable in racing applications.
The ProFormance Metals stock range caters for MSA National, SFI and FIA International cage manufacture.
A roll bar is a single bar behind the driver that provides moderate roll over protection. Due to the lack of a protective top, some modern convertibles utilise a strong windscreen frame acting as a roll bar. Also, a roll hoop may be placed behind both headrests (usually one on older cars), which is essentially a roll bar spanning the width of a passenger’s shoulders.
Roll Over Protection Structure
ROPS refers to operator compartment structures (usually cabs or frames) intended to protect equipment operators and motorists from injuries caused by vehicle overturns or rollovers.